ASPN Call for Poster Abstracts
Submission Deadline: Midnight May 15, 2024
The Planning Committee for the ASPN 2024 Conference invites you to submit abstracts to be presented at the upcoming conference. Abstracts should describe original research in spine and pain medicine, or related field.
The Planning Committee recognizes that submissions of high quality, accepted for presentation at this meeting, should be acknowledged. The ASPN 2024 Planning Committee has reserved time on the program for scientific poster sessions. Top abstracts will be provided with podium presentation time and may be selected for publication in The Journal of Pain Research. The committee will retain the copyright of published abstracts.Awards for top 3 in medical students/residents/fellows in following categories:
- Clinical Science
- Basic Science
- Pediatric Pain
- Case Report
- White Paper
- Overall Winner
Please use the recommended abstract format: Introduction/Statement of the Problem, Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusions. The text of your abstract can be no more than 500 words. All correspondence will be sent to the presenting author.
- Poster presentations are limited to one (1) primary presenter.
- In 500 words or less, provide an accurate, succinct, and informative representation of the content that will be presented in the paper. The abstract communicates the essence of the presentation to the intended audience.
- Do not use abbreviations. Type in sentence case. Do not use all caps.
- Do not use the ampersand character (&) unless it is part of the company name.
- Proofread for typographical, grammar, and syntax errors.
The abstract material must be unique and not have been previously accepted for publication elsewhere. All the listed presenters must have reviewed the submitted abstract and agreed to its submission.
Abstract submissions that do not follow this criteria will be subject to rejection.
POLICY ON COMMERCIAL SUPPORT
Presentations must avoid commercialism. Presentations that constitute promotion and advertising will not be accepted. If the cost of a presentation has been underwritten to any extent, a clear acknowledgement stating the support and identifying the source should be included in the abstract (e.g., “The support of [corporation or institution] for this project is gratefully acknowledged.”). Statements made in presentations are the sole responsibility of the author or presenter. Statements should not be viewed as or considered representative of any formal stance or position taken on any subject, issue, or product by the ASPN 2024 Planning Committee.
Submissions will be reviewed by members of the ASPN Scientific Committee who have expertise in the clinical area to which the submission belongs. Each submission will be reviewed for its scientific or clinical importance, ethical practice, and study design.
MEETING REGISTRATION GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTERS
Presenters will be required to complete a presenter information form and faculty disclosure form. Primary presenters will be notified by e-mail of the proposal’s acceptance or rejection by June 1, 2024.
Poster presenters must register for the meeting and pay the applicable registration fee, as the ASPN 2024 Conference will not waive the registration fee. For Registration information, click here or contact the Planning Committee directly.
- The material has not been accepted for publication prior to this submission.
- All the listed presenters have reviewed this abstract and agree to its submission.
- Upon acceptance, the presenting author accepts the commitment to possibly present the abstract at the ASPN Conference, July 2024.